Thursday, January 29, 2009

Partisan Politics Alive and Well

I see by the vote in The House that we've put partisan politics behind us and are moving forward for the good of the country, the average working family. Well that lasted a long time, didn't it? The Republicans ALL voted against the plan. That means not 1 in that entire group thought it might be a good idea and it might help their constituents. Not 1. Interesting. They all favor tax cuts instead of spending (we all know they're told how to vote by the few that run that particular party). Maybe we should have given Iraq a tax cut instead of pumping billions of dollars into that fiasco. I can't verify this but I think I read a week or two ago that the Iraqi government (such as it is) has an $8 Billion surplus. That's Billion with a B. So why are we spending our money? You'd think they'd be so grateful for us saving them from that tyrant Saddam that they would say "No, I insist! This war is on me!". To get back to my point, what the Republicans need to realize is that a tax cut isn't going to do a bloody thing for people that are out of work. It will sure help people with jobs making lots of money, but my guess is that they're not the ones needing help. If you get people back to work then they'll start paying taxes. See how that works? It's really not very complicated.

No comments: